 General / 18905
  The Making of LEGO bricks, ?s

I was thinking about LEGO direct, and production runs, and how the modeling team gets bricks in whatever colors they want, and I started to wonder: Anyone know anything about the procedure they use to make LEGO bricks? Specifically, what happens (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The Making of LEGO bricks, ?s

(...) Sort of along these lines, I got a bucket of TYCO blocks a loooong time ago, and there was one red 2x4 brick with a yellow stripe in it, going from a bottom corner, up the side, and over two of the studs on that side. I still have it, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The Making of LEGO bricks, ?s

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Johnston" <sakura@mediaone.net> To: <lugnet.general@lugnet.com> Sent: Monday, June 12, 2000 11:26 AM Subject: The Making of LEGO bricks, ?s (...) Well, depending on the plastic, you could get either. If they (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The Making of LEGO bricks, ?s

(...) I'm pretty sure from what I've read that they use pre-colored pellets. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the machines run the same color for long periods of time, such that changing colors would only require normal maintenance cleaning of the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The Making of LEGO bricks, ?s

They DEFINITELY use colored ABS pellets, as you can see them in use all over the LLC and other parks as detail bits, and the Imagination truck actually had a display showing the pellets and a mold. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The Making of LEGO bricks, ?s

(...) over the (...) a (...) All right, that makes sense, becuase I have never seen color discoloration on LEGO parts, which is more than I can say for when I had to mix manually the colors for a certaim part for the Chysler minivan seat drawer, (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The Making of LEGO bricks, ?s

* Scott E. Sanburn (ssanburn@cleanweb.net) [000613 13:21]: (...) Actually, I once saw a mixed peice. I have it someplace It's a red 2x4 brick, that looks *mostly* normal on the outside, but there is a bit of yellow, just a thin swirl on the outside. (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The Making of LEGO bricks, ?s

(...) I have a piece like that, too. On one of my large white Technic wheel hubs, there is a spot that looks like one or two green ABS pellets fell into the white ones. It is kind of swirled around, but not too obvious. I kind of wish it was more (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The Making of LEGO bricks

(...) Well, the Ultimate Lego Book (at least, that's what it's called in Dutch translation) has some stunning pictures of the production process. They build the three production steps (injection molding of the bricks, puting together of the more (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.general)