 General / 18944
Re: The Making of LEGO bricks, ?s
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 18:09:32 GMT

They DEFINITELY use colored ABS pellets, as you can see them in use all over the
LLC and other parks as detail bits, and the Imagination truck actually had a
display showing the pellets and a mold.

Frank Filz wrote:

I'm pretty sure from what I've read that they use pre-colored pellets. I
wouldn't be surprised if most of the machines run the same color for
long periods of time, such that changing colors would only require
normal maintenance cleaning of the molds. Of course they don't have 41
or whatever machines, so there probably is a cleaning cycle necessary
for the uncommon colors.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/