 General / 18884
    Minifig packs - page updated —Jon D. Hayward
   I've updated the pictures now, and they should be a bit clearer. I've also added the latest availability info.: LSB is still the main source. LLW has all but the SW ones, while S@H still only has some of the non SW sets... Pictures and details at: (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Minifig packs - page updated —Jeff Johnston
     (...) Any chance we could get a good picture of that base? How useful is it as anything but a "collector's figure base"? (24 years ago, 11-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Minifig packs - page updated —Ran Talbott
   (...) I'm not sure if this is really significant, but I noticed that: a. Only one of the "City Heros" is female, b. They made her a crossing guard, and c. She appears to be identical to the "Town Folks" cop, except that her face is hidden by an (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Minifig packs - page updated —Manfred Moolhuysen
     (...) Isn't "crossing guard" a bit of a harsh judgement in this case? Are female crossing guards normaly dressed in leather biking gear? To me she looks more like the kind of cop that makes you pull over for an alcohol control. In the same spirit, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Minifig packs - page updated —Rich Manzo
      (...) One thing you have to remember is that most of TLC's customers are boys age 5- 12. Therefore they try to make the sets out to please them. When you are a kid you make believe that this minifig is "me" and pretend that you are doing cerain (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

         Re: Minifig packs - page updated —Ran Talbott
     (...) Well, satire usually is ;-) When I wrote that, I was thinking of Nichelle Nichols' comment about her role in the original Star Trek: "They combined their token black and their token female, and made her a telephone operator". I was also (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Minifig packs - page updated —Manfred Moolhuysen
     (...) I know that story. I understood that, seen in the context of the time the series where originaly broadcasted, her role still had a considerabe positive impact. Or did someone just made that story up afterwards ? [snip] (...) Please notify me (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Minifig packs - page updated —Aaron West
   (...) I am always ready to expose a conspiracy! Could it somehow be connected to the plot to make all heroes/anti-heros speak English? ...hmm, maybe the female minifigs have some kind of control over the male drone figures, hence the fewer numbers (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.starwars)