 General / 18445
  A piece everyone needs lots of... Chairs.

Brown chairs (like in the Flash Speeder) would make a great piece to have in bulk from Lego Direct. Lets see: stadiums for soccer (600 seats), movie theaters (50 seats per screen), race track bleachers (600 seats), stage theaters (300 seats), Castle (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A piece everyone needs lots of... Chairs.

(...) I would be very happy with many copies of this piece also. In any color but yellow. -chris (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A piece everyone needs lots of... Chairs.

(...) in (...) Hmm, never thought about that, Mike. Good idea! We don't want all our little people getting tired legs from standing all the time, do we? ;) I could use a few hundred of them, myself. -Chris (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A piece everyone needs lots of... Chairs.

(...) Somehow I'm expecting LD to be a little bit more expensive than 4 cents a part shipping included... It is possible that for normal bricks they will trim their profit margins to approach the bucket price per brick (closer to 1-2 cents per (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A piece everyone needs lots of... Chairs.

(...) jets, (...) gladiator (...) in (...) Why? There is no special packageing, no instructions, or printed boxes. A 'specialty' part is no different from a normal brick in terms of how much it would cost to produce. (injecting plastic into a mold (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A piece everyone needs lots of... Chairs.

(...) jets, (...) gladiator (...) chairs in (...) Yep, I think people may be in for a shock pricewise. (let's hope not) Surely TLC would not want sales of their normal stock affected. pete.w <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au> (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A piece everyone needs lots of... Chairs.

(...) -yes, there is a price difference. It depends on the cost of the mold...believe it or not, a large cost for each piece is the mold, and not the plastic-often the material is the cheapest part of it (packing, mold, Machine costs are often the (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A piece everyone needs lots of... Chairs.

(...) Did you forward your proposal to Jason Catena? He's keeping a nice list of Lego Direct wants. (URL) enjoying reading about other people's wants -- and I consider how I can use the parts that other people want, since Brad Justus said that those (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A piece everyone needs lots of... Chairs.

(...) hinge (...) Jason is doing a great service (despite any whinging from certain quarters about whether it was a useful idea or not, I feel it is, even if Lego never actually looks at it). I need to make time to put my wants in.... but that (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A piece everyone needs lots of... Chairs.

(...) Two points here: 1. LEGO Direct WILL impact sales of regular sets (even if they sell no pieces which are in sets, some people will chose to buy pieces instead of sets with their limited LEGO budget) 2. As long as the service is priced such (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: A piece everyone needs lots of... Chairs.

(...) We are talking about a mold that has already existed for well over a decade. I seriously doubt that the price of this particular mold would be part of the price. (...) order (...) No way it would be that low and still cost effective unless (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.general)

Mike Petrucelli <lordinsanity@usa.net> wrote in message news:Fv0vCK.AnM@lugnet.com... (...) ratio (...) Uh... NO. Not that I am looking at production figures, but it does make sense to market the tubs as a loss item, as it prevents inroads from (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A piece everyone needs lots of... Chairs.

(...) ma (...) Umm, would it be helpful if the Partsref HTML and image files were offered up in a downloadable, stand-alone version? That would be a no-brainer action, the whole thing zips down to 2.3MB. The only drawback would be that the search (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A piece everyone needs lots of... Chairs.

(...) Yeah right. Not even TLC would be dumb enough to sell something that doesn't generate profit. Molded plastic does not cost alot to produce once you have the eqipment and molds. (...) That is my point though. DVDs cost far less then VHS and (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: A piece everyone needs lots of... Chairs.

(...) part (...) Yes. Not because I'd use the standalone version images in my web page, but because I could compose the page offline using the partsref (you CAN do it if you have, for example, MLCad, running, but it's a lot harder.) I wouldn't be (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A piece everyone needs lots of... Chairs.

(...) Alrighty. For now, a zip of the stuff is at (URL). It will probably move at some point, but there it is for now. Unzip to a directory, open either index.html or noframes.html, and your in business. The Search box is still there, and it points (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.general)