 General / 18450
Re: A piece everyone needs lots of... Chairs.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 22:31:14 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:
Mike Petrucelli wrote:

Brown chairs (like in the Flash Speeder) would make a great piece to have in
bulk from Lego Direct.  Lets see:  stadiums for soccer (600 seats), movie
theaters (50 seats per screen), race track bleachers (600 seats), stage
theaters (300 seats), Castle courts (50 seats), passanger liners (boats, • jets,
space cruisers, 100 seats each), Space troop transports (100 seats), • gladiator
arena (600 seats).  Well I am sure there are many more uses for brown chairs • in
bulk.  I personally would like about 2500 of them.  If the price was
reasonable, say $100 with shipping, how many people would want this part in
bulk?

P.S. Heck at that price i might spend $200 and get 5000

Somehow I'm expecting LD to be a little bit more expensive than 4 cents
a part shipping included... It is possible that for normal bricks they
will trim their profit margins to approach the bucket price per brick
(closer to 1-2 cents per brick), but for specialty parts, I'll be happy
if they're 10 cents a piece or so (perhaps a little cheaper in huge
quantities).

Why?  There is no special packageing, no instructions, or printed boxes.  A
'specialty' part is no different from a normal brick in terms of how much it
would cost to produce.  (injecting plastic into a mold doesn't change cost
because the shape of the mold is different) I assume that an agraggate order
will be close to 10 million units as a bare minimum. (i.e. that would translate
into $400,000.) Besides chairs in brown is a piece they are already producing
and will continue to do so at least through 2001.

Anyways at 10 cents a chair I would rather pretend.  You don't actually need
the chair piece for any of my previously mentioned ideas.  they would simply be
nice to have for apperance.  Unless it is something large like 1/4 saucer
sections in trans-red <drool> I would be very reluctant to pay more than 5
cents a piece. (assuming 2x4 brick is standard)

-Lord Insanity