 General / 18021
    cleaning smokey Lego? —Charles Eric McCarthy
   Hello, Does anyone have a safe, fast way of removing cigarette smoke smell from Lego pieces? I have read a number of earlier threads, some of which recommend Pine-Sol but others say Pine-Sol can cloud transparent pieces so I'm hesitant to clean with (...) (24 years ago, 6-May-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: cleaning smokey Lego? —Christopher Lindsey
     (...) Here's what I have success with: 1. Plug the drain in the sink 2. Fill with stinky Lego pieces 3. Pump about three squirts of SoftSoap Antibacterial hand cleaner onto the bricks 4. Fill with *almost* hot water 5. Swish around for a minute or (...) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.general)

         Re: cleaning smokey Lego? —Frank Filz
     (...) I have switched to this method, I add a few more steps though: 8. Fill bucket back up with almost hot water, add liguid dish detergent 9. swish around for a few minutes 10. drain and rinse (I rinse with running water, and then dump into a (...) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.general)

         Re: cleaning smokey Lego? —Thomas D. Fulk, Jr.
      Here's a little tip for cleaning lots of very small pieces (Like technic bushings, 1/2 bushings, 1x1 plates, etc.) Save an empty dishwashing detergent bottle with a squirt top. Put in all the pieces and the soaking solution of your choice. Shake (...) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.general)

         Re: cleaning smokey Lego? —James Walker
     (...) i wonder if frebreeze works? its says on the add it gets the smell out of almost anything... all you do is spary and let dry and the smell should be gone... i havent tryed it cause none of my peices smell of smoke... - J Walker (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: cleaning smokey Lego? —Jeremy H. Sproat
   (...) I just did this, and am very happy with the results. First, separate any transparent pieces, paper, etc. from the batch; you won't clean these using this technique. I *have* used this technique on rubber and printed pieces, with no ill effect. (...) (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: cleaning smokey Lego? —Frank Filz
   (...) I have seen some damage of non-transparent pieces, but they were also soaking in Pine-Sol for a couple days I think. (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: cleaning smokey Lego? —Jeremy H. Sproat
   (...) I tend to be on the paranoid side when it comes to soaking pieces in Pine-Sol. The worst effect I've seen so far is a faint Pine-Sol smell afterwards. Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.general)