 General / 18027
Re: cleaning smokey Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 7 May 2000 00:03:48 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Eric McCarthy wrote:

Does anyone have a safe, fast way of removing cigarette smoke smell
from Lego pieces?

Here's what I have success with:

   1.  Plug the drain in the sink
   2.  Fill with stinky Lego pieces
   3.  Pump about three squirts of SoftSoap Antibacterial
       hand cleaner onto the bricks
   4.  Fill with *almost* hot water
   5.  Swish around for a minute or so with hand
   6.  Let stand 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in
       the center comes out clean
   7.  Drain and rinse

Obviously you can use a bucket instead.  I'm really pleased with
this method since it works so quickly.

Chris (who has a sudden urge to go make brownies...)

--
Remove the nospam machine name in my email address to send a personal
reply.