 General / 17581
  Re: Review of 3401 Shoot 'N Score

Hello, I have a question regarding the 3401 Shoot N Score soccer set. Do ALL of these sets come with the Zidane figure, even though the box may picture otherwise? I spoke to someone at S@H, but they couldn't tell me the answer. Or is this something (...) (24 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Review of 3401 Shoot 'N Score

(...) If you buy it from Zany Brainy, you will almost certainly get a Zidane minifig. I suspect the sets will all have Zidane, at least those produced this year (24 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Review of 3401 Shoot 'N Score

Thanks Frank... I just spoke to a rep. at Zany Brainy, they couldn't tell me for sure, but pretty much said what you did, "If other people who ordered from us get 'the adidas guy' in the set then you'll most likely get it too." She also said if I'm (...) (24 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Review of 3401 Shoot 'N Score

So, how does it work? Can he give the ball a good kick or is he laim? Just push down on the white thing and the ball goes shooting? Is it a spring action (pushing down causes the soccer player to rear back, and letting go causes him to spring (...) (24 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Review of 3401 Shoot 'N Score

(...) We have both 3401 and 3409 and I can tell you this, these little guys on their spring mounts can send the ball all the way across the room if you are not careful. The game is quite lively when played right. The soccer field was the hit of (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

Christopher Masi wrote in message <3904D347.6E31E5E5@c...ne.edu>... (...) push (...) (pushing (...) spring (...) shoots out? To go into the mechanics, which Larry didn't mention... Pushing down causes the player to rear back, and releasing causes (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Review of 3401 Shoot 'N Score

(...) The pin is, surprise, surprise, a standard grey(swivelable) technic pin in form factor on the bottom, with some sort of spring holding doohickie and a pivot point pair (female) on the top. It appears molded from the ZNAP or minifig hand (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Review of 3401 Shoot 'N Score

(...) A couple notes about the goalie handle: the pin which plugs into the player holder is a tiny axle pin, and the handle also has the ball half of a ball and socket joint sticking down. (...) I've once or twice had a ball find a resting spot on (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Review of 3401 Shoot 'N Score

(...) My family also has had a ball <sorry> playing with these sets (12 YO daughter included). They are *really* fun. I agree with Lar that they will be very popular. Too bad that TLC didn't cut a deal with the woman's US soccer team-- now *that* (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Review of 3401 Shoot 'N Score

Very cool. I am glad to here it is a big hit. I'll have to get one now... Flinging the players off there stands must be fun. After all, the only thing better than LEGO is flinging the LEGO accross the room, unless you lose it. Thanks, Chris (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)