 General / 17581
Re: Review of 3401 Shoot 'N Score
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 17:57:51 GMT

Hello, I have a question regarding the 3401 Shoot N Score soccer set.  Do ALL
of these sets come with the Zidane figure, even though the box may picture
otherwise?  I spoke to someone at S@H, but they couldn't tell me the answer.
Or is this something that only comes with a special Euro set?  I want to buy
one of these sets (although they are on back order) but I really don't want it
without Zidane.  Could someone please help me with this question, I'd greatly
appreciate it. Thanks!

In lugnet.reviews, Mike Walsh writes:
I picked up a copy of 3401 Shoot 'N Score
(http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=3401) this morning at the
Zany-Brainy in Raleigh (NC).  It is the first Soccer set I have seen from
the new range.

I have a couple copies of the World Cup promo set which overall I like much
better but I like this set as well.  It comes with two players, one field
unit brick (FUB?), a goal, and a stack of windows for kicking practice.

Notes:

The box does not have a set name on it anywhere although it is on the
Zany-Brainy price tag sticker.  It appears to me to be European packaging as
the traditional US warning labels appear on a sticker on the box.  The
players have pre-printed torsos unlike the World Cup players which have
stickers.  The non-goalie player (Forward? - Striker? - exhibiting my soccer
ignorance) is NOT the same mini-fig that appears on the box and instead has
Addidas logos on both the legs and torso and a pre-printed #10 on the back
of the torso.  The yellow bricks that identify the point values for the
target goal are also pre-printed, one with "10", two with "5".  The target
goal itself consists of three white train window frames.  The set also comes
with two soccer balls which are the same as those from the World Cup sets.
Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com