 General / 17548
Re: Old LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 15:08:20 GMT

John DiRienzo <ig88888888@stlnet.com> wrote in article
<FtH1zz.13A@lugnet.com>...
   I have not been on LUGNET in a long time.  I am happy to see the • growing
number of newsgroups (discussion groups) here.  I was wondering what • people
think of a group concerning old LEGO?  Most of the LEGO Themes and • Systems have
a discussion group here, but what about the pre-theme LEGO?

John, as much as I love your idea, I'm one who thinks LUGNET may already be
too segmented by too many different groups and subgroups.  More below.

On my webpage, I
have a section of LEGO history, and over the summer, I want to add a lot • more
to this section of my site.  I also would like it if other people could
contribute to it, and I think LUGNET would be a great place for people to
discuss the early history of LEGO.  I know I have a lot of questions, and • I
know others here may have the answers, and still more questions.  I could • not
find a discussion group here specifically for older LEGO information.  If • there
is one, please direct me to it.  If not, let's make one!  Thanks for your
help,

I really like your idea of gathering this information together in some sort
of 'archives' on a webpage.  Gary Istok has written some terrific articles
that have appeared on LUGNET.  They can be found using this URL that Todd
put together:

http://www.lugnet.com/?p=history-of-lego

Of course there are no pictures.  :)

So perhaps using some existing materials (with Gary's permission, of
course) and contributions from others (box art and other scans) and perhaps
people writing about a particular old set that they themselves own and
love, you might have the makings of a very unique website.  It would
certainly be one that I would visit and attempt to contribute to.

I personally think that the LUGNET.GENERAL group would be a fine group to
use when discussing such a project, but of course that's a busy group.
What about .PUBLISHING since it would be discussions about a website.  Or
what about .EDUCATION since it would be about educating people about the
history of LEGO?  Just my thoughts.

Regards,
Allan
--
Expert Builder Website - The Megaproject Showcase
http://www.execulink.com/~apotome/expert.htm