 General / 17350
Re: New newsgroups for LEGO Direct and the LEGO Company
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 19:19:04 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:
This one certainly doesn't belong in lugnet.lego.direct, but probably is
reasonable for lugnet.lego (and in the future, it is possible that there
might be a lugnet.lego.legal, which would then be the most correct place
for posts of this type).

I would love to see a lugnet.lego.legal in the future, but it'll have to
depend on TLC Legal actually being willing to participate.  :)

One thing I'd definitely like to see is the various "what pieces should
TLC make" discussions happen perhaps in lugnet.dear-lego (or perhaps
they deserve their own group

Brad will probably be able to offer some ideas later, if/when LEGO Direct is
set up to take such requests...  Someone one suggested a subgroup called
.bulk or .bulk-sales or .bulk.requests -- but it may turn out that LEGO Direct
puts forms up on their website for taking requests, in which case a newsgroup
for them wouldn't help them much.

- I'd actually prefer to not see these in
lugnet.general). If the discussion generates a consensus list of things
to request from TLC, then I'd love to see a summary post cross-posted to
an appropriate lugnet.lego group. Part of what I see the division as now
being is for dear-lego to be a place to express wish lists, which we
hope TLC will read, but understand they probably won't be able to
fulfill.

Yah, agreed.

The lugnet.lego groups would then be the place where concrete
requests are made, which we want TLC to consider and respond to.

Yop -- and we'll need to hear mostly what TLC needs here before making more
channels for that.  :)

--Todd