 General / 15962
Re: Stickers - Problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 15:49:40 GMT

I have never had a sticker problem EXCEPT with #4556, the small red train
station.  Some of the stickers were curling up off the backing when I opened the
box, and they have continued to curl up from the elements they were applied to.
I wonder if they had a bad production run with the stickers from a bunch of the
recent train related items?

Maggie C.

Scott-A wrote:

The last 2 new sets I have built (4560 & 3225)  have both had the same
problem with their stickers. The problem is that the other items inside the
MISB boxes must rub against the sticker sheet and cause them to come off the
sheet and stick on other items inside the box. In the case of the 4560, it
damaged one of the instruction books. Is this a common problem? If it is,
why does TLC not put them in sealed bags?

While I am moaning about stickers, why can't TLC include spare sheets with
sets?

Scott A

BTW 1 : I got replacements for the 4560, and am due to call TLC about the
3225 9am Monday. The 3225 may turn out to be a problem as it is not
officially distributed in the UK.

BTW 2  : Are the 4560 & 3225 the 2 worst train sets ever?