 General / 1553
Re: Shadows in your pics (was Re: Page update)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 22:16:32 GMT

Ralph Hempel writes:

3. Illuminate your subject from both sides using halogen desk lamps,
which is OK for small things like LEGO, but bad for ice-cream....

I use (3) the most, and even fill-in the shadows from the flood lamps
using the flash!!!

Keep snapping, if you are using a digital camera, it's all free!!!

With the digital we have (Sony Mavica), I have found better results by not
using the flash at all.  Good ambient lighting and no flash seems to help cut
down on the discoloration and glare associated with the flash.

Your mileage may vary

Barry