 General / 15464
Re: Can You Top LEGO Customer Service?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 18:32:37 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Jon Kozan writes:
<much snippage>
2) 2x2 White Roof Apex Low Slopes (2 needed).  I last saw these in a DACTA set
from 1995, but I don't have any, and LEGO Consumer Affairs didn't either. It's
used in the Amazing Animals' Polarbear. Alternatively, a 2x4 White low slope
could be substituted.

These are/were available, 6 to a set in 6337 Fast Track Finish:
If you can't find it locally (it is a 1996 set)  There are some in my area,
but at about MSRP+10% - which is why there are sume in my area. :/

3) 4x4 Brown Plate. I don't know of any source for this - Neither did LEGO
Consumer Affairs.  They promised to pass this on to management. Does any one
know if this part has ever been produced for sale?  Got one?  It's used in the
Fabulous Figures' Goalkeeper.

Not having the books, I haven't seen the picture.  Could 2 2x4 plates be
substituded?  They can be had 2 at a time in 7111 Droid Fighter:
  http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=7111

4) 2x3 White 45 Slope (2 needed) I forgot to ask Consumer Affairs about this
one. I know it's been produced, but I don't have any.  Does anyone have a few?

Quite a few sets had this, but none seem to be current:
  http://www.lugnet.com/inv/tv/piece.pml?002E

OTHER RARE/HARD TO FIND (But I don't need) :

a) White 1x2x3 Inverse Extreme Slope - Where does this part come from????  2
are used for the Antelope's legs.

According to the piece inventory, there are two in here:
  http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6560

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/