 General / 14247
Re: Can they do like this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 21:59:38 GMT

Kevin Loch skrev i meddelandet ...
Consult a local Intellectual Property Lawyer.  Laws vary from place
to place and you need professional advice and counsel.

However, my opinions:

I'm assuming they hold a valid trademark for that name in your country.
Even so, unless it's sufficiently famous (I've never heard of that name)
or they make boats I doubt they have any legitemate claim against you.  You
might advise them that your work constitutes artistic expression and is not • in
any way (expressley or implied) meant to confuse consumers with their use of
the mark.  They might try to claim "tarnishment" but that would be quite a
stretch.
[...]

Well, I think I can understand them, do a web search on 'Regina Maersk', and
you'll find that it's the worlds biggest tanker (not at all like the model),
and among the first ten hits (at the search engines I tried), there's my page
too, talking about 'The Sinking Of ...'.

I've made some small adjustments on the page.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm