 Publishing / 1411
1410  |  1412
Subject:
Can they do like this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 20:12:46 GMT

Today I received an e-mail from 'MAERSKINFO' in Copenhagen.

<quote>
Referring to your web page on http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/povsink.htm
we neither warrant nor represent that you use our name on your
homepage. Please remove any use of the MAERSK name on your web site
and confirm that you agree.
</quote>

Can they really enforce this? I mean, I have built a (virtual) boat model
right out of the LEGO idea book, and then made a rendering of it, sinking. So
what's more natural than calling it 'The Sinking of Regina Maersk'?

Do they have a trade-mark on the boat name? (I checked, there exists a ship
today called R.M., it's the worlds largest supertanker - they say)

Ideas anyone?

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm