 General / 14241
Re: Can they do like this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:03:22 GMT

Wow! Thanks for that pointer. That was interesting indeed. So in your
considered opinion, when Lego requests that Lego not appear in domain
names of fannish sites, are they harboring a valid concern? Similarity
is higher than in the Hasbro case, but likelihood of confusion seems
low.

Also, and more germane to the thread, is Maersk on solid ground (so to
speak) when it protests use of its trademark on a depiction of a ship
that's sinking? What jurisdiction would it fall under? Danish? Swedish?

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!