 General / 14128
Re: Space & SW rumor denied by TLC!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 00:56:38 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tobias Möller writes:
In a mail to LEGO Sweden I asked them if they couldn´t make any other space
models as long as they made SW.

They said (translated) "Ofcourse we can, we have the Insectoids. There is no
need for more space, there are so many other themes as well."

Insectoids are still in the Swedish 2000 catalog.

Perhaps you already knew this? I´ve heard about and everybody says it´s
"just a rumor, but it could be true."

My understanding of the rumor was that TLC couldn't produce (i.e., introduce)
any _new_ space sets (especially ships without wheels).  The LEGO Insectoids
product line is almost two years old now, even if some of the sets are still
in production.

Now, we know that it is *not* a true rumor!

Just like those rumors about there no longer being service packs?  Or buckets
going away?  I think, just like service packs and buckets, we'll see Space
(i.e., Insectoids) slowly fade out over the next 8-12 months and then be 100%
gone for a long time.

--Todd

p.s.  Statistically, BTW, most rumors about TLC that circulate widely and
reach widespread belief actually do turn out to be _quite_ true.  (I've
been keeping track for a long time, and it's rather surprising.)