 General / 13930
Re: Cannons
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 00:09:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:
Jason Brown wrote:

Jeff Johnston wrote:

[snip]

The US sets do not have a shooting cannon included.  This has been true
for a long time - I'm not sure if the shooting cannons *were* ever • available
in the US.

Oh, yes they were.  At least for the first year.  I have US 6260, 6274
and 6260's that have shooting cannons, I got all of them the first year
Pirates were availiable.  Here's a kicker for you, my 2nd 6260 has a
shooting cannon with a BLACK peg, and is incapable of firing.  Didn't
understand that until I got my first set with a non-firing cannon (my
BSB, as I recall).  Some kind of transition cannon, I think.

Does anyone have any solid data on when the US one piece cannon was
introduced? I would theorize that the Pirate sets came with the disabled
shooting cannon until 1996 when Wild West was introduced (or possibly
some time in 1995 when they designed the part for use in the upcomming
Wild West sets).

I'll have to look more closely at my Pirate sets and see if I can
determine anything.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com

I think I bought my first Pirate ship in 93 or 94 (Renegade Runner) and it had
the one-piece.

Bruce