 General / 13501
  Who here is from Michigan?

Hello, In the past year, as I've been watching Lugnet, I have noticed that a lot of people here talk about Grand Rapids. Now that I finally got around to signing in I just want to ask who all lives in and around GR (I'm from Greenville myself). (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

Greg, I'm from Michigan. My wife and I currently live in Three Rivers, just south of Kalamazoo; but we own some property up in your neck of the woods (Trufant). Heck, all my grandparents live up near Greenville! Small world. Fred. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

(...) Well folks, You've got company here in Michigan. Let's see, I'm from St. Clair Shores (metro Detroit), Scott Sandburn and Mark Koesel are from Ann Arbor, Steve Bliss is from Kalamazoo, Larry Pieniazek is from Ada, and there are a lot more (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

Cross posted to lugnet.loc.us.mi and subgroups where this belongs, FUT set to us.mi. General is too.. general a group. Welcome to Lugnet! (...) My wife went to HS in Greenville, grandparents live in Smyrna outside Belding (...) lot (...) Steve's (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det, lugnet.loc.us.mi.fli, lugnet.loc.us.mi.lan)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

I'm in Royal Oak! (...) lot (...) from (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

I just recently came out of my Dark Ages, but my childhood in Caledonia (Southeastern Rural Suburb of Grand Rapids) has left me with a good sized collection to build from. Unfortunately, and I do mean UNFORTUNATELY, I now reside in South Bend, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

Well, not only do I live in Michigan; but I work in Elkhart, IN.; just down the road from you. Again, small world. (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

I live in St. Joseph, MI, but I work in South Bend! - Bret (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

(...) Woah! Tell me about it! My Father grew up in Elkhart, and we still have many family members around there (and in South Bend)! Jeff P.S. If you meet any Stembels, say Hi for me! ;) (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

So did you guys get to take advantage of any Target clearances around the South Bend/Elkhart area? I have been to all three Targets around here several times with no luck. P.S. I hope you weren't offended by my attitude toward South Bend, I like the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

(...) Hey wow. I myself grew up in Elkhart -- I'm going there on vacation, starting today. Huh. Maybe it's a specially good area for Lego somehow. (24 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.sbd)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

I didn't notice too many Target specials, but I got almost all the 2000 Star Wars sets at Meijers for 25% off (plus Toy Castle Coupons) before Christmas! - Bret P.S. South Bend may be one of the ugliest parts of the country during the winter time (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

The Target in Elkhart was very picked over by the time I got there. No LEGO on clearance at all. The Wal-Marts are don't have much for clearance either. Argghh! Fred. (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

I live in St. Joseph and work in South Bend, IN. I noticed the previous posts in this group, but they were so old I didn't think any body browsed this group anymore. Bret (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.sbd)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

(...) Now I know why there aren't any good deals around here -- too many AFOLs! As soon as the prices dip, the vultures swoop in. ;) Of course, having Larry living *between* me and all the big stores doesn't help. (...) Hmm. I can't wait to see what (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

I'm from Bridgman, Michigan. Hey, can you tell me where I the nearest Lego outlet is? (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

By air, the Atlanta GA outlet is closer. By road, the VA one may be a bit closer. (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

Yikes! That's not exactly a "Saturday" trip. Can you order things through the outlets. Is that the same as S@H or would these be like discounts for discontinued sets? (...) lot (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

(...) Yes, you can order things.. scan the market.shopping group for their phone numbers. Both outlets now will ship to you. But they will only ship things that are not currently available at retail or at S@H. Their shipping is reasonable and maxes (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

Hi! I'm currently living in Kalamazoo. I graduated from college last spring and have been spending more time playing with Lego than I have looking for a paying job. I'd like to meet some of the local Lego fans. Which areas are people interested in? (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

Howdy, Phil! I live in Three Rivers (about 20 miles south of Kzoo). I'm working fulltime and going to school fulltime so I don't get to do as much building as I'd like, but I'm really good at buying new stuff! My main interests are in Mindstorms and (...) (24 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

Hello Michiganders! I am from Jackson, but go to school in Kalamazoo. Unfortuanetly for me, I work and live in WMU's Residence Halls so I don't have too much room for my Lego. I'm having to use my car as an extra closet currently, until I can take (...) (24 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

I'm down for a fest... wait till I'm moved into my new place and the basement fridge is fully operational. (24 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

(...) Sounds good to me. I love leaving Ann Arbor. : ) Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> (URL) Page -> (URL) Page -> (URL) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

(...) Woohoo! House-warming at Larry's! :) 'course, that means I've got to actually *build* something to bring. Steve (24 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

(...) Sounds good to me, I'd love a chance to show my pneumatic ant to people who might actually care. I'm just waitng for another valve to arrive in the mail, then some adjustments and it should be ready to go. The last version made a very (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

(...) Build something?!?! Do you mean I have to switch from "accumulation mode" to "creative mode"? Argghh!!! ;-) Frederick. (24 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi)