 General / 1318
  Re: Lego Design Contest?

(...) OK, I've been mulling this over for the last 24hrs. since I posted, and how does this sound. Photos of physical creations are definitely allowed as are cad drawings and hand drawings. The topics for the competition would be diverse. We'd have (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Design Contest?

(...) I'd be happy to come up with a theme/prompt and offer a prize at some point. Sounds like a cool thing to get lots of people into, both as builders and judges, etc. (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Design Contest?

(...) Great to hear it. (...) And that is precisely the idea I'm looking for. I have already been warned of burning out the participants if competition rounds are too frequent. While I would like to have a number of rounds, burnout is a problem. To (...) (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Design Contest?

(...) That sounds great. I wouldn't be worried about burnout as much as I would just not giving people enough time to work up and complete a design. But I think this works for that. (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Design Contest?

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) amorphous (...) another (...) topic (...) submission, (...) hmmm, I have seen some other contests ran where while contest one is occuring the topics for contest two are allready available. This gives twice (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Design Contest?

(...) Just my US$.02, obviously, but I think that's still a bit short time. I normally have a build, photograph, process, scan, post on the web turnaround at two to three months. Of course, if I was planning on joining a contest, I would probably (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)