 General / 12161
Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 18:52:55 GMT

< Cross posted to off-topic.debate >

Having grown up in that era (and as a kid who had shooting versions
of the Battlestar Galactica toys and who remembers the media hullaballoo
about that), I am still always amazed to see the number of
shooting toys on the market that shoot small, potentially-deadly
projectiles.

Obviously toy manufacturers have relaxed about this.  I'm
amazed that there haven't been more choking deaths.  A few of
the projectiles that the Aliens vs Predator toys fired look
throat-shaped-and-very-dangerous to me.

I suppose that as long as the projectile doesn't come out of a
long, phallic barrel (ie something that lends itself towards
being inserted deep into the throat), as they did on the
Colonial Viper spaceship toys, it's "OK" ....

Well, this all leads back to parental responsibility, and teaching
children about these things, which has been discussed to a great extent
here at off-topic.debate. The government can't seem to protect us from
nuclear missiles from China (other rogue states), but they can protect
us from "Evil" SUV's, fatty foods, and "dangerous" toys. Ugh!

Scott S.

Scott E. Sanburn
CAD Operator
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/

Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html

Main LEGO Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/legoindex.html

Soon to come: Star Wars LEGO Sets Parts Selling Page!

Quote of the Month: (In Slate)

Al Gore: "Even though national security policy didn't come up, I
suggested that one critical issue for voters to ponder is this:
Whose FINGER do you want on the CONTROL-ALT-DELETE button?"

These are the same people who sued MICROSOFT, folks. If he is that
ignorant about computers, he should not be anywhere near controlling
anything, much less the United States.