 General / 12136
Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 14:29:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Brok writes:

James J. wrote in message ...

<snip>

The LEGO Group (TLG) released models with less
detail and bulkier parts to make items simpler for small children in • Europe.
However, it teaches the children of North America that we have to decrease • our
standards and limit ourselves based upon (from my understanding about • European
education) what European children should have already understood.

WHOOW!
We Europeans tend to say that about US kids (juniorization to make the US
market), but only jokingly so...

Eric
(Hoping this will not trigger an endless thread)

I think it's fair to say that LEGO's plans with regards to juniorized
sets are world-wide.  If LEGO wanted to offer juniorized sets
for one market, and nonjuniorized sets for another, they would, just
as they have released Europe-only and US-only lines in the past.

So, let's not put the blame for juniorized sets on either the
European or American markets (and the children in each market).

--

jthompson@esker.com   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"