 General / 11503
Re: WooHoo!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 19:55:43 GMT

Steve Demlow wrote:

Because he had $100 in TRU Visa credit to use.  TRU doesn't tend to have
much that I want so that was a good chance to use the credit.  Oh well,
TRU will likely put the 4561s on sale too.

Possible, but having observed some of the old stock I have seen at
TRUs, I would not bet on it. TRU seems to have a curious attitude
towards clearancing Lego sets. When the corporate machine says 'go ye
therefor and clearance', then all the stores heave to and mark them
down. Lacking a direction from corporate, the stuff just seems to sit
there forever. Once in a while, a store manager will see 'The Light'[tm]
and figure out whay it is a good thing to move that SKU out the door.
But that takes initiative, something not widely observed.

Ray