 General / 11502
Re: Is LUGNET.GENERAL the most read subtopic?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 19:45:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:
Someone in a post about the 2000 dealer catalog fiasco mentioned
lugnet.announce as being more widely read than lugnet.general.

That was me. (sort of - see below)

Is that true?  I would tend to think that lugnet.general was the most widely
read. I rarely read the others, because it takes so long to read
everything (that's why I quit RTL.LEGO).  And I use lugnet.general to
discuss all classic LEGO topics (50's, 60's and 70's).  I'm actually
glad that there is no lugnet.classic, because I think that this news
subgroup gets more attention.  And I know that only lugnet.robotics gets
more posts.  But I was wondering which is the most widely read.  Todd,
what say you?  (He's probably catching up on his sleep right now, tired
from moving, tired from being up til 5AM, and tired from the 2000 Dealer
Catalog topic, heh-heh).

I don't think .announce gets more widely read, particularly, but I imagine it
gets more exposure.  I subscribe to .announce (and a couple other groups) by e-
mail, and I suspect lots of other people do to.  When somethings gets posted
there, I will generally see it within minutes of being at my computer.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/