 General / 11262
  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

I'm just going to pick on one thing in this long post. I don't have time to go into the deeper issues (and they are worthy of exploration, but I leave for Chicago at 4 AM tomorrow) so forgive me for jumping on this one minor point.. (...) I'm not (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) I totally agree. If Huw doesn't want to take down the scans, he certainly doesn't have to. (I hope no one thought I was trying to bully him into doing it.) The issue, as far as LUGNET is concerned, from my point of view as a sysadmin, is that (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) [snip] (...) I would like to add a bit to this point if I may... The point of such groups as this IS to provide a means of gaining EXACTLY this kind of information. The artificial restriction of information is the force that drives Fan and (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) If you mean fan groups/lists on the Internet in general, then, yes, I agree, certainly a lot of that occurs regardless of the original motivations for setting up such groups... But if you mean that the point of such groups on LUGNET is to (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) That's what they WANT you to think! ;) Be afraid, be very afra...oh, sorry. Ben Roller (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) Yes I did not mean that this THE PLACE for such things, but that one reason people start User Groups and such is that there is a Restriction in the information flow. (...) I am not sure I was talking about "rights" TLC, us, or me. I fully (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) actually i believe that you and i see this very similarly, Lar... I, too, do not believe that this needed to be voted upon, but Huw's first reaction was to do just that... so as far as i'm concerned, that's how he chose to deal with a (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) Whoa, time out -- hang on a min' here... What Suzanne wrote* was: "As a truly good intentioned LEGO enthusiast, I am asking you to remove these illegal scans from internet publication and also [for you to] ask Todd to delete your previous (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) So how would you feel about releasing older dealer catalogues? Say, everything 1997 and older. Most of the sets contained in such catalogues would be discontinued, pricing information is, well, wildly out-of-date, etcetera. I'm talking about (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) Once you start doing that, the temptation is to release newer ones.. I thought Suzannes words about fans trying to show each other the latest information to appear cool or gain popularity was a bit harsh. But her words seem to have been borne (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) How would I feel? I don't know. Disillusioned, disappointed, and disenchanted? (...) 1. What Richard said. 2. I'm going to write LEGO and ask for a clarification of their official policy and position on the issue. --Todd (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) It's the reality of the internet. (...) You seem to be talking to someone else. I'm trying to discuss something here, and all I can get is another rant about how bad it is to display the new dealer catalogue. Excuse me for being intensely (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) Very possibly so, but it's still a bit disappointing! (...) I try to rarely address my comments specifically to one person - if I can I try to make it impersonal. So while I was replying to your post, I wasn't talking to you in particular. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) I personally couldn't give a DAMN about the # of hits to my site, as my site already occasionally hits the limit, and I can't afford more bandwidth right now. I wanted (and got) the scans for my own personal use, to peruse and plan what sets (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) Quite. But you do learn to live with it. As someone once said "Instant Access, Instant Idiot". (...) I wasn't feeling very forgiving at the time I wrote that[3], so that probably led to me seeing things that weren't intended. (...) Yup. That's (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)