 General / 11262
Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 01:22:06 GMT

I'm just going to pick on one thing in this long post. I don't have time
to go into the deeper issues (and they are worthy of exploration, but I
leave for Chicago at 4 AM tomorrow) so forgive me for jumping on this
one minor point..

onyx wrote:

I was really upset by Suz's post stating "this isn't an issue for a vote, you
have to take action now"... basically guilt-tripping Huw into what *she*
believes is the right thing to do... and because she doesn't see it (or doesn't
*want* to see it) as an arguable issue, she didn't feel we as a community
should be polled for a consensus...

I'm not sure I agree with this. Recall that I as well pointed out that I
don't feel this is an issue for a vote, so of course, I'm not going to
agree...

Bully to Huw for seeking consensus but my thoughts are that this is not
a consensus issue, it's an issue where if you agree with one line of
moral reasoning you should do one thing, but if you don't, you should
stick to your guns and REFUSE to do that thing.