 General / 11261
Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 01:10:29 GMT

Suzanne D. Rich wrote in message ...

This is about common sense and respect. I would never normally admit this, • but I
too (woo-woo) have copies of retailer catalogs going back a number of • years.  But
I know when I have something special in my posession and when it's worth • keeping
quiet about. I would never publish scans of those catalogs on the internet. • They
contain information about company marketing strategy, TV ads, promo-packs, • etc.

Risking retaliation of some sorts here are my thoughts.

I don't know if Suzanne is a retailer , I assume she is not and I apologize
if I am mistaken. Doesn't the possession of the catalogs break some
agreement between the retailer (you obtained the catalogs from) and LEGO?
Should you not return them to LEGO or destroy them for moral purposes?

I do agree with the statement that  Huw did not include any information
about marketing, etc. All he included were the scans of the sets. He did get
these from a published LEGO document and not some confiscated pictures. I
find it hard to believe that the LEGO competitors don't already know what
sets LEGO is going to produce this year.

The initial slant on these postings were "food for thought" and then I feel
they became an "order" which Huw had no choice but to obey. I feel rather
sorry for Huw.

If there are legal issues involved with posting these scans I just believe
that a private email to HUW pointing this fact out to him would have been a
more discrete way to handle this issue. Huw is and adult and I am sure that
he could have made his own moral decisions given enough time for
contemplation of the issue.

Rose