 General / 11263
Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 01:24:36 GMT

In lugnet.general, "R2" <r2eng@primenet.com> writes:
[...]
If there are legal issues involved with posting these scans I just believe
that a private email to HUW pointing this fact out to him would have been a
more discrete way to handle this issue. Huw is and adult and I am sure that
he could have made his own moral decisions given enough time for
contemplation of the issue.

In retrospect, that probably would have been a much better approach.  As a
matter of habit (for better or for worse), my style is to point out things
as public replies when something feels urgent, because the lack of a reply
in a thread leaves no trail in the archives.  In this case, had Huw been
written privately, then either he would have posted something himself as a
followup in the thread, or the concern could have been noted later if he
chose not to post a followup.

--Todd