 General / 11216
Re: Set ID help needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 10:39:45 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:
I just finished putting together the sets I have already identified from a
lot from eBay, and I have a bunch of stuff left over.

The sets I have identified:

588 Police Headquarters
590 Engine Co. No. 9
6927 All-Terrain Vehicle

I was missing 1 clear door, 1 white antenna, police

captain, a few trans
blue 1x1 cylinders, a few bricks and plates, most of the stickers for the
fire station,1 red 1x4x2 lattice fence, 1 red 1x2 medium slope with circle
printing.

The notable extra stuff I have is:

Yellow 1x4 brick with Legoland printing. The 2nd "l" has a flag flying from
it
Blue 1x4 plate w/tow ball
Yellow 1x4 plate w/tow socket

These are principle peces in one of the first lego sets I got as a child.....a
yellow forklift pulling a blue trailer....I forget the set number...the yellow
bricks w/ the flag were mounted on either side of the vehicle...I think one of
the larger preminifig models like the steam shovel w/ truck and trailer had
these lego land pieces in red, yellow and blue mounted above the vehicle cabs.

Forklift arm (missing tines)
Yellow 4x8 plate
Blue 4x8 plate

The slopes and people parts may be from a hard to find windmill/house set
released a year or 2 later (around 1975 maybe)

Many classic style windows (white 1x2x2, red 1x2x2, white 1x4x2, red 1x4x2,
red 1x6x3
Red 1x3x4 door frames w/white doors and one White frame w/red door
White 1x1x2 shutter hangers w/Blue shutters (and one white shutter, probably
was 2 shutters)
Clear 1x2 and 2x4 bricks
Early minifigs w/stiff legs and no arms
  - legs:   blue, black, yellow, 2 white
  - torsos: 2 blue, 3 white, red
  - red pigtail hair
  - black pigtain hair
  - black cap
  - white cap
  - black bullet helmet

It's possible that the white figs are from the first ambulance w/ figs >
I wouldn't be surprise if much of this is from a universal set plus perhaps
some service packs, but if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

The big wheels and some of the windows could be from lego set 745

I am doing this off the cuff...I haven't looked at fibblesnork or the other
usual resources....sounds like your extra pieces are circa 1975-76...hope that
helps....