 General / 1120
  1999 comments

(Once again, scans are at: (URL) nothing new classic-wise, except the Snowspeeder wings are angled down here-- perhaps hinged? Looks much nicer, and includes a ground cannon. The sneak preview of the fighter craft from the new movie is VERY slick (...) (26 years ago, 5-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 comments

Ninja addendum: I just noticed there appears to be a figure pack (right side of first Ninja page). Can't make out much, though. I thought at first it was the existing small set with three figures, but it has the "1999" graphic next to it. Kevin (26 years ago, 5-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 comments

I noticed that Aquazone, Divers, Fright Knights, and Wild West were missing from the catalog. Discontinued maybe? Oh well, they're worth the sacrifice for SW. Alan (26 years ago, 5-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 comments

(...) I don't remember seeing the Hoth lookout post before. I assume that either comes with the Snowspeeder, or is not actually available (but LEGO doesn't seem to put not-for-sale decorative stuff in their catalogs any more). (...) Hugely tall (...) (26 years ago, 7-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 comments

(...) After what I considered to be a dismal 1998 lineup, my expectations for 1999 were low. However, I'm not really a Star Wars nut, but the sets look awesome! Rock Raiders looks interesting. When I saw the words "Space Port" I don't know quite (...) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 comments

More completely random thoughts... (...) Ain't that odd? Appears in the main catalog, not in the 1-sheet. Also, the Snowspeeder is slightly different (flat vs. canted wings, plus a spot of red on the front in the 1-sheet version). Maybe the 1-sheet (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 comments

(...) But very common for SW toys. For example: last year, Estes (model rockets) released several new SW rockets (and several re-releases): Star Destroyer, Y-Wing, Snow Speeder (I think--maybe an A-Wing?). ANYway, in their catalog, they didn't show (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 comments

Kevin Johnston wrote in message ... (...) minifigs! (...) So, is this the "Temple of Doom" installment of the Adventurers series? Jesse ___...___ Jesse The Jolly Jingoist Looking for answers? Read the rec.toys.lego FAQ! (URL) in Deja News! (URL) (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 comments

(...) The parallels (again, as with the first series) are amusing as hell. Come to think of it, some underground-type stuff would be cool to see in Adventurers. Saw the boxes today at TRU (most of the entire series). Very nice looking mostly-green (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 comments

(...) Wrong time to think of this, of course, but apologies if my coarse language offended anyone. Too enamored with the rough-and-tumble world of Usenet, I guess. ObLego: That was Sunnyvale TRU, for Bay Area readers. Kevin (I blame television! (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)