 General / 1120
1119  |  1121
Subject:
1999 comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 03:00:42 GMT

(Once again, scans are at: http://www.lugnet.com/1999/)

SW: nothing new classic-wise, except the Snowspeeder wings are angled down
here-- perhaps hinged?  Looks much nicer, and includes a ground cannon.  The
sneak preview of the fighter craft from the new movie is VERY slick looking
IMO.

New baseplate: the Rock Raiders and large Amazon temple use a new baseplate.
Seems OK, as these things go: more generic (thus more useful) than the CRAPP.
Hard to tell if it's one plate, or two.

The Adv. river boat looks really cool.  The ninja boat might be cool as well,
hard to tell.  I welcome the return of boat hull plates to these period themes,
I miss them (and IMO Pirates could have used more mid-size boats).

I just noticed... is that a new boat element in the large Amazon set?  (Off to
the side; completely missed it on the first pass through.)

New Ninja tally looks like two buildings, one boat (oared), and one war machine
set (which either has two machines in it, or the smaller machine comes with the
one building).  Overall, very nice, more than I was expecting and the end
result is a pretty robust theme.  Can't see where the white ninja is.  Can't
see Ninja Surprise-- a goner already?

Space Port: nicely rounded selection, IMO.

Town Jr. How... uncompelling.

Well, my curiosity is sated.  Now to quench by building-lust....

Kevin