 General / 10908
  Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!

Just because they are in the 68** or 69** does not mean they have to be space... Are there not Unitron sets in the 17** ??? I'm not contending what the box says... I'm saying in my opinion I've never felt they belonged... just because Lego Say (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!

(...) *Bbzzztt* Logic error. You're arguing that "If A, then B" is an invalid (ie, false) statement (A = "Set is in the 68** or 69** range", B = "Set is a Space set"). But the example you give is a not-A example (because the set is outside the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!

(...) Promotional or limited (US only, or not-world-wide at any rate) sets are often given numbers outside of their usual range. The unusual number of the Unitron sets makes sense from that perspective. It's true that set numbers are not inviolate. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!

(...) Well, the little Insectoid minifigs actually reming me of the Borg in Star Trek, emotionally they have that space feel, and they have a great parts sellection for space. So while I do like them they feel disjointed because they seem like a (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!

(...) That's right, UFO wasn't Space, it was Town. 1950's, B-movie, sci-fi Town. ;) Steve (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!

Aaron West wrote in message ... <snip> (...) <snip> I had to respond (at least briefly) to that very powerful statement. It is true at face value. I don't think it could (or should) be otherwise. But it is not always a good thing for the long-time (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)