 General / 10897
Re: Hardest Piece to remove?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 23:58:54 GMT

Will Hess wrote:

What has always worked for me is turning the stick horizontal and giving • it
a slight twist.  I have yet to bend any that way.  I always have problems
removing 1x2 plates from any other plate.  The tiles and grilles are
designed for removal so those are not too hard.

Not so fast!  I have some black 1x2 grilles that don't have that handy edge
around the bottom.

Okay, I might have a winner here:  You know the big 4x10 vehicle plate
with the "seat" in the middle?  It's shaped like this from the top:  |-[]-|

Well, for the last fifteen  years, one of mine--a white one--has had a very old
yellow 2x2 plate stuck in the 2x2 depression in the middle.  I could probably
get it out with a knife, but I haven't had much need to, and I'm sure I would
hurt myself unless I used my teeth somehow.  It's an impossible extraction job,
even worse than getting a 2x2 plate out of the tapered forward hull piece from
the Explorien Starship.  :(

best

Lindsay