 General / *965 (-5)
  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

Todd Lehman wrote in message <3663128b.28905770@l...et.com>... (...) This is true, you would need to take control.cancel and rec.toys.lego if you wanted every single cancel. You probably wouldn't want to do that, since the last statistics that I saw (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) I don't think I like it either... Not because I'm morally against modifying NNTP headers on a private server (I would be in Usenet context) but because of the confusion which would ensue (more below). (...) Yeah, splitting is definitely (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) By "unwashed" I take it you mean those who haven't completed the news-posting setup? Or do you mean Larry's version of "unwashed"? (...) But doesn't that validate and/or encourage the practice of posting HTML, binaries, spam, etc.? (...) Yes, (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

I'm thinking really hard on this, but I'm not sure there is any _clean_ solution other than allowing at-will cross-posting between RTL and lugnet groups. This is because: A) NNTP guidelines indicate that the Newsgroup header should always be (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) Actually, I just meant it should just *ignore* the extra entries in the Newsgroups header. But that doesn't make sense, especially after your further discussion about the evils of having separated threads spawned from cross-posted messages. (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact