 General / *2065 (-20)
  New newsgroup lugnet.announce.lsahs

[Followups set to lugnet.market.shopping] -- A very special new newsgroup lugnet.announce.lsahs has just been created. Here is the charter: lugnet.announce.lsahs (group): Unofficial announcements pertaining to LEGO® Shop-At-Home Service: summaries (...) (26 years ago, 17-Jan-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

(...) Thanks, Selçuk, but I think I will have a hard time buying a set with the name "girl friend" or "princess" on it. Just not "Macho"(1) enough. :-) -- Terry K -- 1. Slang term from the Spanish "Machismo", which is something to do with excessive (...) (26 years ago, 17-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

(...) I have a bellvilian female child, but her head has a smaller connection for a technifig neck. It should be an adult female bellvilian if you want to try. In the current range, adults only comes with larger sets, so you'd better to wait for new (...) (26 years ago, 16-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

(...) So does the Belville head pop right on like the Technic head does? Cool motorcycle as well. :-) -- Terry K -- (26 years ago, 16-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: When is a set a set?

(...) Primarily, Element Count rules. Whichever set is larger, that's the complete set, and the set to which the Mini-Figure belongs. If the sets are close in size, or if the element is sufficiently rare, then a very rare element will of course (...) (26 years ago, 16-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hi, and the meaning of life...

(...) which (...) Well said Jim. You make a strong point. If TLG did not continue to make new pieces and themes it would have lost sales a long time ago. The Lego we knew is just what you said... nostalgia. With the addition of new pieces we can (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Mad magazine & LEGO

I discovered a reference to LEGO in the Feb. 1999 issue of Mad magazine: In the "Slam's End catalogue of pro wrestling merchandise," there is an "advertisement" for LEGO tables and chairs that are less damaging than real chairs[1]: (URL) and that (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: US S@H Phone Specials 1/11/99 - 1/17/99

They are in the back of the Spring 1998 S@H catalog. (...) look (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Hi, and the meaning of life...

Hello all! I'm somewhat new to the group(s), and I must say, lugnet is most excellent! I tried to follow RTL many years ago but just couldn't manage. I have to commend all of you on the high level of both quality and tone in these groups! Anyway, (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Argh! I waited too long

... I feel your pain ... a couple of weeks ago, I tried to get a 8425, but not no avail ... What would really be nice, is a listing of tentative release dates, and tentative 'retirement' dates for sets ... of course officially from Lego. So one (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

(...) That'll teach them to mess with the mob. "Mr. Bricks doesn't like it when a guy walks outta the room when he's talkin'. You ain't gonna be walkin' nowhere no more!" Regards, BOB!! (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: German Sales Levels

Eric Brok wrote in message ... (...) <snipped reference that says Steve is paraphrasing someone else....> That's funny. I was born in Germany, and have definitely inherited the follow instructions gene. But since I married an Irish-Canadian, and had (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Argh! I waited too long

Drat. I just called S@H, and the Diving Expedition Explorer, #6560, is no longer available. Double-drat. In somewhat better news, the nice S@H operator said there is some hope that they will be getting more Giant Model Sets, #8277, so I ordered 4. (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bug in pause..?

(...) Well, it doesn't handle it at all well if you have your hands shifted over one letter. It returned no matches for: hs;scu rc[;ptrt Not that I expected it would, or think it should. Regards, BOB!! (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bug in pause..?

(...) Actually, it did find it along with 18 other things; it just didn't find one thing like the first example. I must be fair about this, though it did include Saucer Scout in one of the possible answers. -Tom McD. (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bug in pause..?

(...) Airshort Puttle was found Cuper Sar was NOT! Got 19 responses. Thanks for playing our game. We have some lovely parting gifts for you. -Tom McD. We'll have more, right after this... (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

(...) Hah! That was great! Every once in a while I consider buying a Belville set, but I can't seem to justify the cost for the very few pieces I want. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and do it anyway and give the unwanted parts and figs to my (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  FOTW- sail 'n' fly marina & the way things were

On my way home yesterday I stopped by the little local toystore, kind of a mom and pop place, and guess what they had sitting inside? A brand new sail and fly marina set. It was still list price but I didn't mind. It had apparently come from the (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: German Sales Levels

Steve Bliss wrote in message <369f3f93.3082410@lu...et.com>... (...) I'm not sure, but I think in recent years sales have been disappointing in Germany, even before Town Jr was released. See www.lego.com for the annual reports on 1997 and 1996. (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MiniFig Ponderings?

Beaker wrote in message ... (...) the (...) They did for Paradisa, I've got a few sets... Steve (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact