 General / 2060
Re: Hi, and the meaning of life...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 23:42:31 GMT

Question is, could they have evolved any differently?  I mean, to me it seems
exceedingly evident that, almost short of not changing at all, any way in • which
Lego could have changed would not compare to our childhood memories.

Well said Jim.

You make a strong point. If TLG did not continue to make new pieces and themes
it would have lost sales a long time ago.  The Lego we knew is just what you
said... nostalgia.  With the addition of new pieces we can either be challenged
to shape our models in new ways or we can groan that Lego is in a state of
decline.

For a recent example, Pete W. Storonskij created beautiful models using pieces
that might not have been thought of in the classic building sense and won the
CLSOTW.  All of the old pieces are still there, we just now have a new
dimension.

Is Lego on the decline? My opinion is no. Just because they make town Jr.
doesn't mean we have to build like that.

Your pal,

Felix