 General / *1595 (-20)
  Re: Marsbase is fixed.

(...) I found Marsbase to be a lot of fun. I especially liked the mail exchange between you and Pallas Spaceworks. Very authentically red-tapeish. Nice job! However I would like to suggest that the detailed discussions of how to get things to work (...) (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Marsbase is fixed.

(...) Glad I was able to help. You are indeed correct, my access at work is governed by a proxy server. Now if only we could work out why it was happening. Having got the menu to display I have spent a fair chunk of the morning looking thorough the (...) (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 5571 Giant Truck - Largest Lego Set??

(...) It's 50% off????? Woohoo!!! I feel a long Lunch coming on! Maybe I'll just take off the rest of the day. :) Jeff P.S. My adrenal glands just went into overdrive. ;) (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Marsbase is fixed.

Neil, Thanks for the heads up. Those links are fixed. I do just so love case sensitivity. 8) As for the missing 404errordoc message, I just havent' gotten around to putting together the page for that. Maybe later. In regards to having problems with (...) (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Paint (again)....

(...) I totally aggree! When TLG only had the classic smiley faces, my friend and I painted some of them to make our town look nicer. We also painted torsos and arms to make T-shirts and short sleeves and such. (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

Dave Forrest wrote in message ... (...) Exactly this one, (AFAIK) although it is possible that there may some bigger sets from dacta, but not from Lego System. Building it is a real fun (I finished it in approx. 4 hours, without break) Selçuk (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  5571 Giant Truck - Largest Lego Set??

I just got the 5571 Model Team Giant Truck for 50% off at Zaney Branie in Rockville MD. I was amazed at the number of pieces ... 1734! It's going to take forever to finish this. I was wondering what the largest lego set is? Thanks, Dave (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: More colored Gems and Wands!!

(...) I think there's a green apple in there, as well. And some shellfish. When does a LEGO animal stop being an animal, and start being food? Steve (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Marsbase is fixed.

(...) There still seem to be a couple of problems. Selecting the Assult Team link from the Tophil page produced; Not Found The requested URL /Assault/assault.html was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered (...) (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Paint (again)....

(...) I think you mean me. I don't think it's a dumb idea. It's just an idea that goes against all my feelings about Lego and minifigs. But I don't think it's dumb. Sometimes I look at those yellow smiling faces and think of the improvements I could (...) (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Help...what piece or pieces?

(...) LOL Isn't it comforting to fall asleep at night (...) SOL (Sobbing out loud...or something else?) (...) Yeh...I sort of thought of trying that, but it was too late last night to pull out the roofing bricks to see. Thanks. Rob (...) (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Website update.

Also sprach Ben Vaughan: : I just finished putting up the new look for Marsbase. : No content changes (those are coming over the holidays), just html and coding : stuff. Feedback would be great though. 8) Huh. I have to say I liked the old look (...) (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Paint (again)....

Someone asked 'why would you paint your minifigs?' because to them the idea seems dumb. Well, it isn't. I need a minifig with grey hair, so I'll make one. I need to paint one of their faces, so I'll do it. No problem there. (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Marsbase is fixed.

(...) Works for 3.0 as well. Cool menu! Very slick. -- Terry K -- (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: STAND BACK! Rob Farver is going to have a heart attack!!!

(...) Ah, a nice philosophical question. I'd say something is NEW if it's new this year, CURRENT, if it's still theoretically available and shown as part of the product line (Insectoids are CURRENT but not NEW), PHASED OUT, if you can find it in the (...) (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Marsbase is fixed.

(...) At once your Majesty. 8) Ben Ben Vaughan buster@marsbase.com www.marsbase.com ---...--- The few,...the proud,...the plastic (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Marsbase is fixed.

(...) Although, if you don't post some different view of the Kingfisher soon, Her Majesty will be forced to send a Candiru and a couple of Drafa your way. Cheers, - Sproat (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Marsbase is fixed.

(...) Ooooooooohhhh. I like. I like. Cheers, - Sproat (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Marsbase is fixed.

(...) Netscape 3 works too. Great job! --Bram (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  LDraw Tutorial update

After Lars gave us his Christmas gift with the L3P update, I had top finish my tutorial update. (URL) included are an easy to print version(s), a reference list of all LEdit keys (please let me know if I missed any), text links at the end of (...) (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.build)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact