 General / *1245 (-20)
  Re: why the 1999 catalog images have moved

(...) There were something like ~16,000 hits on the JPEG images, from ~2000 unique IP addresses... --Todd (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: why the 1999 catalog images have moved

Also sprach Todd Lehman: : Anyway, I sure didn't expect there to be 2000 people per day accessing these : 1999 catalog images -- pushing the bandwidth out of the hundreds-of- : Megabytes-per-day range and into the Gigabytes-per-day range. And still (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Concentration Camp

Robert M. Dye wrote in message <36622B99.4774@writeme.com>... (...) (URL) some photos, it looks pretty cool although some of the photos make it look as though the artist did a little cut and paste with lego bricks <Blurk> check out the close up of (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New pics from LEGOLAND

(...) Thanks, I added a note to that end. Eric (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: More 1999 Catalog Thoughts...

I think TGL will get the sets as close as possible because I'm sure Lucasarts, film, or the man himself George has to approve all the final designs (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Contest Ideas?

Bram Lambrecht wrote: <snip> (...) That's still illegal in most states, partner! :) -- Thomas Main main@appstate.edu (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: why the 1999 catalog images have moved

I would say you ought to be forwarding all this info to the people at LEGO, whatever contacts you have there. You are essentially providing them with free advertising, and with this info in such hight demand, they'd have to be fools not to consider (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: lugnet.off-topic.debate

(...) Hrmmm? I know this is probably a joke, but one of the main reasons that group was made, afaik, was to provide a place where people could take the somewhat inflamatory discussion that naturally evolve from time to time. I'm having a good time (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  lugnet.off-topic.debate

Todd, maybe you should rename that group to lugnet.off-topic.devisive or lugnet.off-topic.crematory. From Tom McDonald Anti-spam block in place. (URL) what you can, but behave yourself. We'll have more, right after this. (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Article on Legos, constructivism and PCS!

Richard Wright wrote in message ... (...) about (...) University (my alma mater). Its located in Pittsburgh, PA. alex (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hmm

Luckily, I only have 3 other people in the office, so finding out who did something is pretty easy. Letsee ... I have the 8440 car and 8480 space shuttle, and 5591 as well. I like the larger sets at work, more of a talking piece. When I get my 8880, (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Contest Ideas?

(...) Try this: for the last couple days, the high has been around 80F. Really pissing me off because I love the cold!! Sigh... We better get a coupl of inches of snow this winter, unlike last year. Jeff (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: More 1999 Catalog Thoughts...

(...) Isn't that book cool? My kids sat right down in the aisle at Meijer's, to look through it. But the price is not particularly cool. Steve (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Firing Cannons in new Ninja sets :(

(...) Ahhh. I didn't know what to look for. Comes from never having seen a firing cannon. If anyone else is as confused as I was, look in the muzzle of the cannons. You'll see a light-colored dot. That's the centre-pin which holds the 1x1 cylinders (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New pics from LEGOLAND

(...) Note that the pictures under the Scandinavia section show models very much inspired from Bergen in Western Norway. There's the harbour area, which is inspired from the 14th century German harbour buildings in Bergen, which are very famous. The (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Technic 1999

(...) The fan inserts are probably just the white dish from 1998 Cyber Slam sets, only in black, with fan stickers on. That's what I think they look like, anyway. Fredrik (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Clearer catalog images of new 1999 sets

(...) Didn't they film some of the scenes in the U.K. Maybe 'wizard' was an after thought. Alan (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Contest Ideas?

(...) It snowed in Vegas on Sunday. First time in 30 or so odd years. Alan (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New pics from LEGOLAND

Linc Smith wrote in message ... (...) Unfortunately I don't have the tools and the time right now to make a similar presentation for the other LEGOLAND sections (such as Netherlands and Germany). Also I didn't think of such a presentations when I (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: More 1999 Catalog Thoughts...

(...) It is pretty obvious that the X-Wing wings move - it would be pretty pathetic if they didn't. But I doubt the snowspeeders wings move. They do appear to be attached via hinges, but I bet that they're attached in such a way as to be fixed at an (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact