 General / 1226
Re: More 1999 Catalog Thoughts...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 06:54:41 GMT

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998 04:30:01 GMT, Jeff Johnston <sakura@mediaone.net>
wrote:

Here's what I've been able to glean, and my thoughts...

STAR WARS

Looks great!  Based on the catalog pics, it looks like the X-wing
will have movable wings.  Same with the snowspeeder - if you look
closely at the catalog scan, you can see where it seems to be
attached, and it sure looks like a hinge to me.  I can't tell if
there's a second pilot in the speeder, but it looks to me like
there isn't.  The scout trooper visor certainly seems to be on the
minifig head instead of the helmet - on the other hand, Darth's
helmet has the faceplate on, and the head underneath appears to be
grey.

It is pretty obvious that the X-Wing wings move - it would be pretty
pathetic if they didn't.  But I doubt the snowspeeders wings move.
They do appear to be attached via hinges, but I bet that they're
attached in such a way as to be fixed at an angle.  Perhaps by a
another set of hinges mounted lower at a slight offset. That would
lock the wing in place.

As far as the second pilot argument - I think there will be a
backseater, facing aft.  It is a two-seat craft, and I think TLG will
get it right.  (hoping my confidence in TLG is not misplaced)

-- Terry K --
BTW, I saw a new Star Wars book of cutaway technical drawings of SW
vehicles today.  Very slick.  Saw it at - of all places - CompUSA.
Debating on whether to buy it.  Perhaps I could rationalize and get it
for my nephew as a present?  :-)