 Gaming / Starship / 895
Re: Who's here?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:44:33 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, John P. Henderson wrote:
In the meantime, I appreciate everyone who is keeping Starship going.  It always was and always will be a group effort.  Is there anyone else out there in the Galaxy other than the recent posts?  I'd love to see a few more responses to this thread just to know there's life out there...   :)

O shimmering phantasm of the outer reaches, never have I doubted your existence.

;-)

Still kicking around.  Have been away in the UK these past 3 months, far from
enough Lego to play worthy of publication, but am back now, and working up the
cargo variant of the Tiderian shuttle (as seen fleetingly in SW IV).

I really haven't had time for New Pacific, but there are two story threads
fighting their way out, one around the flooding invasion of the Vorgan
Constructor Fleet, and one around the persecution of the Warrior Monks of St
Patbrick (seen to be in league with the Vorgans).  I have notes and some ship
schematics, and have just pulled the MB collection back from storage (some of
you may appreciate that the alloy megabrikium is the large ship hull material of
choice for those of us unable afford the more durable legonium).

So nothing for a few weeks more, but I have high hopes of being able to field a
new vessel or three in early December.  Adventure might need to wait a little
longer - but if there is a budding Sector Mediator out there who would like the
challenge of running an adventure (and has the time to write a dozen emails a
week) but is a little light on for a detailed theme, let me know :-)  I'm happy
to publish the supporting materials and host the site for the first one sooner,
as long as someone can keep the day to day stuff happening.  Just a thought.

In other news, have been getting a bit more involved in the local gaming scene,
taking the BrikWars to those that have it not.  We ran a few BrikWars and models
tables at a grand annual wargaming fest a few months ago (a fest normally more
focussed on Warhammer and such like), they liked it, they've asked us back to
next year's, and they want us along to one of the regular private meets so they
can play a bit harder.  Much fun ;-)

Richard
Still baldly going...