 Gaming / Starship / 580
  What If...?

Hey, all I just had a great thought today... The day before yesterday, I found and played the online version of a text-adventure game: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. (found here: (URL)). I liked it so much, I decided I'd go down to the (...) (20 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.gaming.starship, FTX)

  Re: What If...?

(...) Sounds fine to me. You can be the hitch-hiker. I bags running the Vogon Constructor Fleet. MB Vorgons were just MADE for this role, and I even have a 'survey' (URL) ship> for them that's about 200 blocks away from completion... Richard Still (...) (20 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.gaming.starship, FTX)

  Re: What If...?

(...) Uh, oh! I'm not going to have to listen to their poetry, am i? ;-) Hmmm, I seem to remember seeing this ship somewhere before. Quite a while ago, in fact. I'm supposing that, like me, you are suffering "I-don't-have-the-mo...one-itis". Well, I (...) (20 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.gaming.starship, FTX)

  Re: What If...?

In lugnet.gaming.starship, Andrew Engstrom wrote: On this thread, I think it would be fun to allow. We might want a couple of restrictions: 1) If it is a player's ship you are hitching on, you should need that player's permission (and he might (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.gaming.starship, FTX)

  Re: What If...?

(...) Thats just what they want u to think.. (...) ok what about no teleporting in some sectors. Something to think about. (...) Please dont make me read it again :p Anyway this sound cool and im interested to see where it goes. (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.gaming.starship, FTX)

  Re: What If...?

(...) Yes, the teleporting issue. Well, I'm thinking the ship has to be in the same sub-sector for the device to work. It would be like ship jumping in space suits, but there would be no danger of being locked out of an airlock. But Hendo says OK, (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.gaming.starship, FTX)