 Gaming / Starship / 561
    Re: Vote: News Service---Which one should we use? —Robert Thomas
   I have read all the posts on this subject. It sounds like most everyone already has a lot on their hands. I ran an RPG for years (boy that was a long time ago- now I feel old) and it can be time consuming. The problem with lugnet for a news service (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.gaming.starship, FTX)

        Re: Vote: News Service---Which one should we use? —Dan Mattia
     (...) -snip- (...) you and agrees to it, it will swarm with activity. It has a very nice interface, very easy navigation, fast speeds...It's pretty cool. I give my vote to this. This is just awesome. -Dan (20 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.gaming.starship, FTX)

        Re: News Service —Andrew Engstrom
     (...) Hey, that's nice! Great look, easy-to-use format. I like. Just one thing--do news items have follow-ups, or do we have to bring the discussion to lugnet to discuss it? That would be my only concern. In order to be a viable venture, this new (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.gaming.starship, FTX)

         Re: News Service —Robert Thomas
     (...) The board does have a reply function, but I disabled it cause I thought (in my own little mind) that it should be like a real news service like a newspaper or CNN. Ill set it backup so people can see how that works. Also as I said I can add a (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.gaming.starship, FTX)

         Re: News Service —Dan Mattia
     (...) Well, I'm waiting for my Dad to get home so I can get his credit card number. I'm about to make a Starship chatroom for easier communication if some of us are online. If we keep the news service, we could still add the chatroom as an added (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.gaming.starship, FTX)

         Re: News Service —John Henry Kruer
      (...) I'm all for this forum thing, but just a note- no chat for me. My parents don't allow it, and even though I could still do it without them noticing me, I still prefer not using it. I can't stay on the computer for extended periods- just long (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.gaming.starship, FTX)

         Re: News Service —Robert Thomas
     (...) All features should be on one site. I agree that if there is different stuff all over the web that there is no use in doing any of it. News, forums, chat and that kind of stuff. I’ll see what I can do about a chat room for those interested. I (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-04, to lugnet.gaming.starship, FTX)

        JEFF SHAW: Vote: News Service---Which one should we use? —Dan Mattia
   (...) Could someone post a poll for us to vote on the matter off LUGNET? I still have not gotten posting privy, and I don't know how many others are in the game that can't post to LUGNET. I for one would like to see a forum like any of the ones (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.gaming.starship, FTX)