 Gaming / Starship / 52
Re: The legendary Terran homeworld (Re: Prototype Starship Bible Work-in-Progress)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 22:59:35 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, Andrew Engstrom writes:
Personnally, I'd rather that Earth didn't blow up.  After all, I am kind of
fond of it :-)

USC scientists are uncovering that the entire Earth didn't blow up...only
parts of North America were destroyed and other parts of the planet damaged,
but thanks to the terraforming efforts of the ULF (Curt), Earth is now
inhabitable again.

I think the best way to do it is that the real Earth was lost in the mists of
time, and any one of the current "Terras" could be the real thing, or none of
them might be.  Or we might not address the issue at all, and allow stories to
conflict--as long as it is made clear that facts are what we observe to be
true, but truth is what actually happened.  Our histories are full of facts,
but how much truth is there?

Well, I'm explaining now that the history of the Earth of which I describe
only occurs to North America and broadly covers the entire planet.  My
factions originated mostly from North America.

My two bricks.  Any other thoughts?
~Andrew~

~Dan