 Gaming / BrikWars / 134
Re: Zombies!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.brikwars
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 02:53:29 GMT

"Wayne McCaul" <wmccaul@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:HpC52o.1B1L@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.gaming.brikwars, Joe Comeau wrote:
I like it!  It sounds like you've thought things out well.  As for if • it's
balanced or not, I think we should just try it and see.  The only thing • that
I think might be an issue is the number of townsfolk milling about.  Too
many people means looong turns and we know how enjoyable that is.  We'll
want to find some reasonable number...perhaps average 6 units per • player?
This should make it manageable I think, no matter which side they do or
don't end up on.

Actually, I was sort of thinking about the normals not really moving much • at all
to begin with. I know that's sort of counter-NELUG-BrikWars-intuitive, but • I
sort of just imagined the people in small groups just discussing the
ramifications of the ping-pong ball shortage.

Later, there would be tons of movement as either TT's Criers got everyone
moving, or panicky citizens were blindly running away. It would cut down • on a
lot of that fringe-gaming that goes on and keep groups together. • Alternativley,
we could move whole *groups* of people at a time instead of indivdual
figs.

While I like this approach, it still will ultimate slow down the game if
there are too many townsfolk since they *will* eventually go to one team or
the other.

Does anything happen at dawn?  If so, do we have a set number of turns • until
dawn?  Or perhaps at the conclusion of the final turn dawn comes?  Or • maybe
it's irrelevant.

I hadn't considered a dawn, mostly because I imagined it to be early • evening
(that's not to say the ping-pong ball crisis doesn't keep people talking • into
the wee hours...). But I don't think most zombie flicks care about the • daylight.
It's just creepier at night. (Now, if you replace Zombie with Vampire or
Werewolf, the dawn could be a major player).

Mmmm...Buffy the Vampire Slayer BW game...

- Joe