 Gaming / 811
  Re: Request for Pirate Game thoughts and Player/Ship/Captain names

Hi, First of all, I want to say "Thanks, Frank!" for running the Pirate Game. It's a lot more work than it might look (and it looks like a lot of work already!), and he brought TONS of stuff that was critical for a good game. I had an excellent (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Request for Pirate Game thoughts and Player/Ship/Captain names

(...) I think a GM is still a good idea for a fleet game. I'm hoping that if we manage Piratefest that we can still muster 8-10 players. A fleet game though certainly wouldn't require as much GM involvement since there isn't much to do for sailing (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Request for Pirate Game thoughts and Player/Ship/Captain names

(...) I got pretty lucky there what with having blown one cannon up from a good distance, and on the next turn I managed to decrew the other one. I think it's because my gunners got some practice shooting at Guano Island. I will tell you this, I was (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Request for Pirate Game thoughts and Player/Ship/Captain names

(...) That's the way I've always played it - however, a ship can be crewed without a loyal pirate but it may go AWOL unless it's a certain distance away from your main ship (I think I used 2 foot - which is my Line-of-Sight for hidden ship (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Request for Pirate Game thoughts and Player/Ship/Captain names

(...) Yea, that's sort of the way I read it, though I didn't get too technical on the distance. I think this is an area which would deserve a little more spelling out. Frank (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Request for Pirate Game thoughts and Player/Ship/Captain names

(...) on the (...) spelling (...) Well, I use hidden ship movement for merchants/warships (I think LFB mentioned that you used it) and they are only revealed when they get within 2 feet (I think I used 2 feet anyway), so it makes sense to use that (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Request for Pirate Game thoughts and Player/Ship/Captain names

(...) Yes, you would have been able to offer quarter and impress him. (...) Pirate base. I think in future games I'm going to do more to determine what the resources of each port actually are. I think there should be some capability of attacking a (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Request for Pirate Game thoughts and Player/Ship/Captain names

(...) Hmm, I have about 10 turret mounted cannons on each port which usually dissuades people from attacking it. Plus the fact that the ports generally have a number of warships at their disposal to defend with... Generally I try to make attacking (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Request for Pirate Game thoughts and Player/Ship/Captain names

(...) There are quite a number of instances of ports being sacked, though more of it was by "privateers" as a form of stealth national warfare rather than individual pirates. With the exception of a few truly spectacular prizes, sacking ports was (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates)