 Gaming / 699
Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 10:54:40 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Steve Burge writes:
I was thinking of building some of the larger islands out of yellow/green
plates 'n bricks, mounted on 32x32 blue baseboards (must build R'lyeh). I
already have a few of the smaller island baseplates and I'm hoping to pick
up some pirate stuff at the UK Cheshire LegoFest this weekend (5 days to
go - woohoo!).

   It was great fun, and Steve and I snagged loads of Pirate stuff!
   (We even split a few lots--I'm full of shako hats and flags now,
   including loads of solid-white and solid-red (gunport cover) flags!
   Epaulettes?  Oh my, yes!

   A friend of mine suggested using cheap-o blue bedsheets (From market
stalls or charity shops) for the floor, as I know where I'll be playing
won't have a carpet (I've obtained the student union's dining hall, should
be large enough for a 6-player game). Either that or just putting those
round 2x2 inverse flat pieces on the bottom of the boats to absorb the scuff
marks.

   That's a good idea.  I have far, far, far too many of those things.

   Any further word on dates and accommodations for the NJ PirateFest?
   I'm trying to talk some of the Britons into flying over...;)

   all best

   Lindsay