 Gaming / 694
Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 18:18:31 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Frank Filz writes:
Mr L F Braun wrote:
   Ideally you use actual island baseplates.  Granted, this may
   be difficult or impossible nowadays--but I remember we had
   islands of all sizes, some 16x16, some 16x32, some 32x32.  It
   is, as always, governed by what you want to be on the island.
   BTW, 8x32 tan baseplates from 6444 make excellent sandbars and
   reefs!

   I'm hoping to put together a fairly large island this time
   around, built of bricks on four 32x32 blue baseplates, but we
   shall see...

The available space, compared with how much open sailing you want really
determines how many and how big the islands are. When we played at
Brickfest, we had 4 islands in the 32x32 or bigger real (plus several
ports at the edge of the game area).

   The only downside, IMHO, is that so many of our islands were,
   well, square.  Granted, this is hard to avoid, but I'm going
   to try and put together some more organic-shaped islands.

See the pictures on my web site for an idea of layout (and looks like I
need to go find the Boger's pictures....)

   Ack.  I think they posted the URL in .wamalug...but I
   don't remember ever seeing their pics.

http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/Lego/pirate-brickfest2000.html

   BTW:  Ought we go looking for a big blue plastic tarpaulin
   (that sort of recyclable-bag plastic consistency?) to lay
   down if there's no carpet on the floor?  I'd contribute a
   few bucks to such a buy.  Of course, if we have blue, grey,
   or green carpet in situ, we're OK already...but is there any
   carpet in the venue under discussion?

Oooh gosh, I hope we have carpet...

   Me too.  Chris?  Any word on what the material amenities are
   like?

   best

   LFB