 Gaming / 647
Re: Improv-ed Medieval BrikWars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 18:06:18 GMT

Actually, there was a lot of discussion about this when the idea of CW was
still young... Several people WANTED to stage battles based on the number of
troops they had, storm other people's castles and fortresses, etc. The idea
is pretty much as you laid out-- heros wouldn't die unless their owners said
so (otherwise they're knocked out or something), and people would only play
if they WANTED to. I think that was the only reason discussion stopped on
the matter, since some people thought they were going to be forced into a
wargame that they didn't want to play, and preferred just to be showing off
their world without outside interference. Anyway, I really like the idea :)

DaveE

I think another issues that arose is that people with huge armies (Dan
Whatshisname:), James Aldrich(1)) would then have an unfair advantage
over those that haven't complied 500-1000 troops.  So how do you settle that?

About gaming - I would LOVE to meet sometime over the holidays and set up a
huge playing area and have a huge Brickwars game.  I'm willing to
drive to some central location if we decided to do it.  Have army, will
travel:)  Anyone open to such a possibility?

(1)  How many people here actually know James?  One of the nicest guys you
will ever meet ... :)