 Gaming / 645
Re: Improv-ed Medieval BrikWars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 16:28:21 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Mike Rayhawk writes:
I like the idea as an experiment; I realize most CW folks probably prefer to
have total control of their stories and leave nothing to chance.  On the
other hand, I don't see how it's that far different in principle from
character-crossovers between CW realms: two people work together to develop
their story by alternate means, each giving up a certain amount of creative
control, ending up with a more dynamic element for their story.

Actually, there was a lot of discussion about this when the idea of CW was
still young... Several people WANTED to stage battles based on the number of
troops they had, storm other people's castles and fortresses, etc. The idea
is pretty much as you laid out-- heros wouldn't die unless their owners said
so (otherwise they're knocked out or something), and people would only play
if they WANTED to. I think that was the only reason discussion stopped on
the matter, since some people thought they were going to be forced into a
wargame that they didn't want to play, and preferred just to be showing off
their world without outside interference. Anyway, I really like the idea :)

DaveE